Monday 18 August 2014

Heather's Review of Anniversary Killer by Alexandra Allred


 Anniversary Killer
 by 
Alexandra Allred



 
Summary:


Allie is back! When a kidnapping, house fire, and murder occur around the corner from Allie Lindell's house, it's too much for her to resist. Despite promises to stay away from murder and mayhem, a missing Irish setter named Chester puts Allie on the hunt. Almost a year to the day, Mickey Callahan's business partner was found dead from a single gunshot wound to the head and nothing but questions surrounding his murder. Now, Mickey Callahan is convinced that the same people are out to get him. After a sloppy kidnapping attempt, no one takes him seriously until the body count begins to add up. The Allie Lindell saga returns with the third book in the series and more drama than ever as Allie continues the struggle to hold on to herself without giving up on her partner and love, maintain a relationship with her police officer sister and best friend, and keep up with her caper-loving neighbor who insists on going along on every stakeout.


 




Heather's Review:

Once again I’m wondering why I signed up to review a mystery.  Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the mystery genre but I don’t do spoilers when I review and I find that it makes it very difficult to write said review “properly”.  I’ll try so here it goes.  

I haven’t read the first two in the series, but I wasn’t lost.  The mystery was a story in itself and stood alone, perhaps some of the personal tale would have flowed a little better had I read Roadkill(#1) and Sweetbreath(#2) first, but not so much that it affected how I was able to get involved into Anniversary Killer.

I found myself guessing and contemplating all the way through over the who done it.  For the personal part and the characters, I found myself not only caring deeply about them, but they are so honestly written that I realized they could very easily be people I know.

I’m definitely going to be adding the first two entries to my to-be-read list.

Rating: 



About this Author:







Alexandra Powe Allred graduated from Texas A&M University with a B.A. in History, saying,"As everyone knows, once you get a degree in history, all you can really do is teach or write. I'm just doing what I can!" As the daughter of a (now retired) U.S. Diplomat, Allred traveled all over the United States and around the world. Her writing career began before graduation with several pieces on bi-lingual education with national education publications.

But the real stories began while living as a youth in Moscow, Russia. Under a communist regime, imagination and the ability to create stories was the very best way to beat boredom (and the freezing cold!). As her career was taking off, Allred embraced her second passion -- sports. She trained for and made the U.S. women's bobsled team in 1994, becoming the first U.S. National Champion. She was named Athlete of the Year by the United States Olympic Committee and garnered much worldwide attention as she was also 4 1/2 months pregnant at the time! Her training regimen was (and is) used by the United States and International Olympic Committees for pregnant athletes. Following her retirement from the sport in 1998, Allred returned to the literary world with The Quiet Storm.

While living in the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY, she was able to talk to Olympic and National athletes from all disciplines and share with sports enthusiasts. From there, her career was launched. She did adventure freelance writing for Sports Illustrated, Muscle & Fitness for Her, and Volvo magazines. She held a sports column, worked as an editor for NOW magazines outside Dallas, Texas and began working as a Clean Air advocate, often testifying before the EPA.

Today, she writes (mostly) ï¬�ction, teaches kinesiology classes for Navarro Community College while enjoying her family and animals in Texas.   


Be sure to check out :


Book 1 in the Allie Lindell Series
 
 
Book 2 in the Allie Lindell Series
 

 

Availability



No comments:

Post a Comment